Our Oncology team will be with you every step of the way, from diagnosis through treatment.
Our skilled and compassionate oncologists have vast expertise in veterinary cancer care. We are committed to providing the best care for your pet with support, compassion, and guidance for you and your family. Our team will be with you every step of the way, from diagnosis through treatment. Through an integrative approach to traditional veterinary cancer care, including chemotherapy and radiation, as well as new therapies, we can help treat your pet and improve their quality of life.
Some common signs of cancer in pets are:
- Abnormal swellings that persist or continue to grow
- Non-healing sores
- Weight loss despite adequate food intake
At VSH, our oncologists will work with your family veterinarian to provide the comprehensive care your pet needs. Our oncologists have extensive training in a wide range of medical oncology services and treatments and the most advanced equipment at their disposal. They specialize in the most current methods to diagnose and treat cancer while striving to preserve an excellent quality of life for the patient.
The diagnostic process involves tests to identify the type of cancer and “staging” to determine whether the cancer has spread to other body areas. Some of the diagnostic techniques used in the process may include digital radiography, ultrasound, CT and MRI scans, tissue biopsies, and cytologic examinations. The specific tests chosen will aim to gain the maximum amount of information in the least invasive manner.
Our Medical and Radiation Cancer Care Services Include:
- Biopsies of masses, internal organs, or bone marrow
- Complete diagnostic capabilities and staging evaluation for confirmed and suspected malignancies
- Chemotherapy and immunotherapy
- Management of chemotherapy toxicity when it occurs
- Participation in clinical trials for the treatment of cancer
- Comprehensive pain management
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Melanoma vaccine
- Minimally-invasive biopsy
- Multi-modality therapy
- Systemic chemotherapy
- Radiation therapy
- Surgical services
- Nutritional support
- Palliative Care/hospice management
- Surgical consultation