We are studying a novel live probiotic product that consists of 3 bacterial species typically found in the gut of healthy dogs: Clostridium hiranonis, Megamonas funiformis, and Enterococcus faecium. These bacteria were selected based on an extensive GI microbiome sequencing survey and analysis comparing healthy dogs and those with GI issues.
This study now seeks to evaluate the ability of this probiotic to resolve diarrhea in dogs.
- Adult dogs over the age of 1 year.
- Dogs with diarrhea of any duration. Small bowel diarrhea, large bowel diarrhea, or mixed. – Purina fecal score 4-7.
- No hemorrhagic diarrhea in the previous 7 days.
- No systemic antibiotics for 1 week prior to study enrollment.
- No Intestinal parasites or Giardia infection identified on screening testing.
What to Expect
The study is expected to last 56 days. We will schedule 3 visits with you and your pet (at no charge) during this period. Please refer to the schedule below for more information about what to expect over the course of the 8-week study.
|Study Information & Owner Consent: Day 1|
|Physical Exams (no charge): Days 1, 7 and 56|
|Start Probiotic: Day 1|
|Owner to photograph stool (to show changes or progression of condition): Days 1, 7, 14, 28, 56|
|Fecal Sample Collections: Days 1 and 56|
|Blood Sample Collections: Days 1, 7 and 56|
|Stop Probiotic: Day 56|
|Study Completion: Day 56|
- Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital, Woburn, MA
- VSH – Sorrento Valley, San Diego, CA
- Veterinary Urgent Care by Ethos – Station Landing, Medford, MA
- Veterinary Urgent Care by Ethos – Rancho Peñasquitos, San Diego, CA
- Veterinary Urgent Care by Ethos – Oceanside, CA
- All Creatures Vet Clinic, Minocqua, WI
- Sheridan Road Vet Clinic, Tulsa, OK
Enroll or request more information below.